THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING
Veriff introduces Face Match, which compares a person's face to an identity document that they have already confirmed for the customer.
FREMONT, CA: Veriff, a worldwide identity verification provider, introduced Face Match, the latest AI feature that authenticates or verifies a person online. Veriff's facial biometric technology compares a person's face to an identity certificate that has already been confirmed by them for the customer, allowing returning consumers to have a simple online experience.
The digital identity market is expected to expand to $12.8 billion by 2024, up from $6 billion in 2019, and Veriff is dedicated to providing dependable and seamless service to its customers worldwide to meet this rising demand. Veriff can avoid more fraud than any other industry player due to its video-first solution to identity authentication of over 9,000 government-issued IDs from over 190 countries in 36 different languages.
The Face Match verification technology's main features include:
• Veriff compares the new face to the reference document-front image in the system
• Real-time response time (~1s) is used to confirm the identification of a person
• The video features detect liveness through images gathered in the SDK
• It comes at a lesser cost compared to an entire IDV session
• Assisted Image Capture is developed into the end-user flow
Sample use cases of the advantages of Face Match include:
• Resetting credentials – After going through the flow once, users can reset their account settings so that two-factor authentication with face ID makes future logins seamless and fast.
• High-risk customers – Additional steps to verify identity with Face Match are in place for activities such as adding a new bank account, making a large withdrawal request, or logging in from a different country.
• Employee remote verification – Before an employee can access high-risk or confidential company data, their identity will be checked a second time. To remove any doubts about fraud, the employee may need a new access code that will be checked several times.
"With Face Match, Veriff utilizes the person's images to re-verify their identity based on the original session images and data as a reference point, which improves the user experience immensely," said Janer Gorohhov, Veriff Co-founder and CPO. "Consumers have become so accustomed to a fast, seamless experience online in this digital-first world, and based on the great ideas from our first-ever hackathon, we're now able to deliver this innovative offering to our customers."