Cloud Security Trends to Pay Attention to
By Enterprise Security Magazine | Thursday, January 10, 2019
Cybersecurity has always been a challenge for the enterprises. As the cyberspace is dominating the globalized economy data privacy and security are expected to shoot up. Cybersecurity is going to surprise factor in the coming years. In order to be cautious about the situation, internet expert must invest a lot of time implementing cyber security trends. Fighting the fraud is always better than resolving it at later stages. Below are some of the most important cybersecurity factors that must be considered for better attention.
1. Information wars: There is the increased significance of data on a global scale. More than data thefts for economic needs, personal information is targeted to drag people into vulnerabilities.
2. Concerns for big data: This new era of the enterprise is handling a large volume of data on a daily basis than ever before. Data is coming in new types and formats makes it less structured, unlike conventional data.
3. Cloud storage security: Due to the insufficiency of storage systems organizations are now largely depending on cloud storage for data keeping. So it is possible to have a threat to its privacy if proper governance is not provided.
4. Internet of Things: Today organizations are heavily relying on internet technologies to access and transfer data. If sufficient emphasis is not given on the security of these devices, threats can happen to the data.
5. Ransomware and blockchain security: Ransomware, a widespread cybersecurity threat in which particular files within the infected systems would be encrypted. The attacked will be forced to pay money in order to retrieve the decrypt key. Sometimes the users will have to make the payment without any guarantee of receiving the decrypt key.
Among these cloud security is much important as the cloud continues to benefit emerging technologies like the internet of things. and which opens up new vulnerabilities. The cloud security trends business must pay attention to keep their workload and data safe are:
1. Educating the employees to spot cyber threats and act accordingly.
2. Encrypting the data for protection.
3. Implementing multi-factor authentication to add extra layer protection to the information to make it difficult for getting stolen.
3. Limiting the access can offer increased protection for critical information.
4. Working with ethical hackers to detect vulnerabilities in the system before malicious hackers do.
5. Remediating misconfigurations.
6. Identifying vulnerable hosts also is important for identifying vulnerable hosts in the public cloud environment.
7. It is crucial to monitor the cloud environment for untrustworthy network traffic.
When it comes to cloud security it is better to foolproof the whole data by implementing proper security measures.