FREMONT, CA: As digital transformation remains top of mind for organizations, with cloud migration being a main tenet, there is an increased need for sophisticated cloud security solutions.
Barracuda Networks announced Release 8 of Barracuda CloudGen Firewall. The new functionality streamlines SD-WAN management, optimizes cloud connectivity and automates scalable protection across multi-cloud deployments.
With Release 8 of the CloudGen Firewall, Barracuda has added a range of automation capabilities to streamline deployment and provide the visibility and control required for successful implementations, with an all-in-one SD-WAN solution that’s tightly integrated with public cloud infrastructure. Key functionalities include:
• Direct internet break-out optimization to automatically select the best available direct internet uplink for typical internet-hosted applications.
• WAN Path Controller dashboard, which further extends the capabilities of Firewall Insights and dynamically displays the global SD-WAN data on network and remote location health status.
• Full lifecycle automation API, which includes all capabilities to provide full network segmentation, security, and access control for fully automated deployment as part of agile cloud development processes.
• Automated integration with Azure vWAN with Central Management, Zero Touch Deployment, and support for Office 365 vWAN policies for optimized cloud application performance.
• Up to 50 percent improvement of VPN performance through optimization and modernization of the underlying VPN engine, which now makes full use of the processing power provided by multi-core appliance and virtual hardware.